Monday, November 6, 2017

Aurora Wings Challenge #60: Recycled- Shaker Card using Miyabi (Full Version)

 Well Hello again!!! We have been busy over at the Aurora Wings Challenge Blog getting ready for this fun challenge!! We are all about the earth and environment and this challenge we would love to see you reuse, recycle and repurpose on your project!! With that challenge in mind I have a shaker card to show you today. I used scraps of paper that really should have been recycled for the cherry blossoms and plastic from a strawberry container to seal my shaker pieces in. Take a look!!
This is the full version of Miyabi so it includes all the flowers you see in the background. You can also purchase her without the background. I have so much fun coloring her up every time I do!! I colored her a couple times a few years ago while recovering from surgery and it was such a delight to go back and see how much I have grown in my coloring in the last few years!!
For today's project I colored Miyabi up as a 5x7 image. I stamped the sentiment in that lovely open spot Mitzi left for us for just such a purpose I am sure. Then I cut the border out of a Kraft cardstock (which is generally made with recycled paper, no?) I placed the plastic on that and then foam taped around the edge. Then I cut the tiny little cherry blossoms out of some scrap pink paper and placed them on the plastic. I finished by placing the image over all of that and adding "With Love" in the bottom right corner. 

I love how this turned out and I honestly can't wait to see what you all come up with for this challenge!! Aren't some of the other designers projects just awesome!!!??

If you would like to have Miyabi(full version) all to yourself you can find here:

Have a fabulous couple weeks!!! And have sooo much fun with this challenge!!! Thanks for popping by!!

4 comments:

  1. WOW, Sara! The depth and detail in Mitzi's gorgeous image is amazing! This is beyond beautiful. Love the sentiment and shaker elements. Looks like a shower of cherry blossoms. Beautiful work! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea.... and your coloring is just amazing. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome make utilizing so many recycled material, Sara! You colored this image so beautifully. And I love that you put the sentiment where it is. (And yes, I leave space in my images for sentiment, and you're the first one that actually mentioned my intention. :D ) My favorite part is the little cherry blossoms! It really is a great idea for a shaker card. Thank you so much for this spectacular inspiration for our latest challenge at Aurora Wings. Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. great way to recycle, love how you coloured the image, it is wonderfull and the cherry blossoms are such a nice add, wonderfull project, lots of hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete