Monday, May 1, 2017

Aurora Wings Challenge #49: Frame It! using Aurora Wings "Orchid Corner" Digital Stamp

Image may contain: flower and plant
Hello All!! Man, have things been quiet in here!! I'm so sorry for that! I feel like our life just went into overdrive!! I'm really hoping things will settle down in the near future and then entire folder of "To be blogged" images will make it to you soon!! But for today I do have an awesome image to share with you from Aurora Wings!!
Mothers Day is coming and I am doing my very best to get ready. I have no idea what's happening for gifts yet but I have most of my cards done!! This is one of them!! I used the "Frame It!" inspiration for this challenge to frame in the inside of a card for my mother in law. She loves orchids and she loves purple soooo....
 I used this beautiful Orchid Gatefold Card from Dreaming Tree to create my card base. These files are so easy to work with and the end result is just gorgeous!!! That gorgeous envelope over there... yup, it comes with the file!! You cannot go wrong with that!!

So I started by opening the file in my Cricut Design Space. I laid a rectangle over Dreaming Trees card base inside the card to see how big I needed to make my base with my Orchid digital stamp from Aurora Wings. Then I popped back into Microsoft Word, set my rectangle size there and imported the Orchid Corner digital stamp twice and sized each to fit the corners so that they filled the corners but not the whole rectangle.
I printed it off on my copic xpress it paper and got to work!! I just love how this inside shows so many different layers and colors while not looking overwhelming!!
To color the Orchid Corner digital stamp I pulled out my V91-V99 copics and my Kit and Clowder Elements of Nature Class and got to work!!
To finish it off I edged everything with my Tim Holtz Dusty Concord distress ink and used it to stamp the sentiment. Then I embossed it quick and VIOLA!!! One custom Orchid Gatefold card for my amazing Mother in Law!!

I hope this gives you a different way to look at our Frame It! Challenge this week over at the Aurora Wings Challenge Blog!! And if you would like to grab this digi for yourself you can find it in these places:
Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/151353710/digital-stamp-instant-download-orchid?ga_search_query=orchid&ref=shop_items_search_1
Aurora Wings Website: http://www.aurorawings.com/store/p424/Orchid-Corner-Digital-Stamp-Aurora-Wings

Thanks so much for popping by today! I can't wait to see what you all come up with!!

6 comments:

  1. What a fabulous design and perfect framing for Mitzi's gorgeous corners, Sara! Love how you catch just a glimpse of your stunning coloring when it's closed and then you open the gorgeous gates for the full impact of your amazing work. I'm sure your MIL will be thrilled with this beautiful creation. Truly magical both inside and out. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful and creative. Love it xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome shape, thank you so much for sharing this, lots of hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the card!! Wow! It's really beautiful and it's a super creative way to use the orchid image. xxMyndi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous card, Sara!! Love how the inside shows through when the card is closed. Looks great open and closed and inside and out! Your mother-in-law is a lucky lady! Thank you so much for this gorgeous inspiration for our latest challenge at Aurora Wings. Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, love the shape and the Orchids look fab x

    ReplyDelete