Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Happy Birthday card

So I had some time to work on some challenges today... Yes, I should have been all Bubble Guppies all the time, but sometimes you just gotta let the juices flow ya know?

So I made this birthday card for my step mom using the Cute Card Thursday Challenge #361, which I am apparently to late posting this evening... Dang it!! Lol

But here it is anyway...
 I cut it with the CTMH Artfully sent cartridge and did some "hide and contour" editing in CCR to get the layers to work the way I wanted them to. The coral paper is CTMH Ivy Lane. The flowers are colored with copics on copic paper. I took a risk on that one... I wanted all the layers to stick together really well on the black outlines so a ran each layer through my Xyron and then used my CTMH rub and remove eraser to remove all the adhesive from the coral and more importantly the copic paper pre-coloring. It took awhile and some determination but I got it all except in those tiny corners. The sentiment is cut with CTMH Art philosphy, stamped with CTMH black and sorbet inks and then I glazed over the center circle with CTMH liquid glass to give it a bubble effect. I also added some CTMH aqua dots, sparkle dots and a gold sequin. The blue sequins are just dollar store sequins... kinda loving those!

And there's that one...








No comments:

Post a Comment